The Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress 2023 (SRI2023) is seeking Congress Assistants to join the international Congress team and support the hybrid and online sessions of the third edition of the world’s largest transdisciplinary gathering in sustainability. Convened by Future Earth and the Belmont Forum, this global Congress unites over 2000 experts, industry leaders, and innovators from more than 100 countries to inspire action and promote a transformation to sustainability. SRI2023 is hosted by the National Secretariat of Science, Technology and Innovation of the Republic of Panama (SENACYT) and the Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research (IAI) at the Panama Convention Center onsite and online from June 26-30, 2023.
Working for SRI2023 is a great opportunity to gain insight into a truly global event bringing together world-leading professionals in sustainability science and innovation. In addition to developing skills in organizing a complex global meeting, joining the SRI2023 team provides an excellent opportunity to build professional networks. To apply, please complete the application form HERE by May 15, 2023. The applications will be reviewed by the SRI Team.
Remuneration: $25 USD per day. In addition, all Congress Assistants will receive reference letters certifying their engagement in the Congress.
Time Commitment and Expectations:
We expect all Congress Assistants to commit a total of 44 hours of work:
- Two hours, two or three weeks prior to the Congress supporting online training of speakers & moderators.
- 40 hours during the Congress (distributed in 5 days from June 26-30, 2023) managing hybrid and online sessions at the Panama Convention Center.
- Students are expected to come to the Panama Convention Center for a brief introductory session on June 27 to meet the Congress team and to get familiar with the equipment and workflow.
Overview of Tasks:
- Hosting and supporting practice sessions and training speakers and moderators: we will not pre-record Congress sessions, and we need to ensure that speakers and moderators in both online and hybrid sessions understand their roles and are familiar with the SRI2023 online Congress platform.
- Hosting and supporting live online and hybrid sessions.
- Troubleshooting any technical difficulties during online and hybrid sessions.
- Ensuring that the code of conduct is respected during the Congress and reporting any potential concerns to SRI staff.
- Posting recorded live sessions on the SRI2023 online Congress platform.
- Good/Advance dominion of the English language (* Proof of certificates, TOEFL, IELTS, or other are desirable)
- Be in the third year of your university studies or above
- Interest in sustainability science
- Familiarity with Zoom-based meetings
- Need to own a laptop computer to be used constantly throughout the event
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility
- Professional presentation
- Attention to detail
Please contact Stephan Useche at email@example.com.