KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
We look forward to welcoming you at the SRI2023 Onsite Congress at the Panama Convention Center in Panama City, Panama from 26 – 30 June 2023. This page is aimed at assisting in your general planning and we trust that it will ensure an enjoyable stay.
Daily high temperatures are around 86°F (30°C), rarely falling below 83°F (28°C) or exceeding 90°F (32°C). The lowest daily average high temperature is 86°F (30°C) on June 27. In Panamá, the chance of a wet day over the course of June is essentially constant, remaining around 37% throughout.
Please follow this link for a 10-day forecast
The unit of currency in Panama is the U.S. dollar, but the Panamanian balboa, which is pegged to the dollar at a 1:1 ratio, also circulates in denominations of 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, and 50¢ coins. (U.S. coins are in circulation as well.) Balboa coins are sized similarly to their U.S. counterparts, and travelers will have no trouble identifying their value.
Travelers with pounds or euros may exchange money at Banco Nacional, which has branches in the airport and across the nation. To save time, you may want to convert your money into dollars before arriving in Panama.
What to pack:
The dress code for the congress is smart casual.
During the day it’s hot, so our advice is to pack lightweight, loose-fitting clothes in natural fabrics such as linen, silk, and cotton that will keep you cool.
We may experience short heavy rainfall – a light raincoat and/or travel umbrella can be handy.
Please visit our Panama Visa Information page for more information.
Please visit our Accommodations page to learn more about our recommended hotel options.
Electrical Outlets and Travel Adapters:
Panama uses plug types A and B.
Please visit Panama’s official tourism site to learn more about what Panama has to offer.
Panama Convention Center
Calle Gral. Juan D. Peron, Panamá, Panama
Tel: +507 308.8888
Note that all sessions will be hosted and streamed from the Panama Convention Center. Wi-fi will be available free of charge. Delegates will receive this information upon arrival.
Social Functions, Dinners and Tours
- Date and time: Monday, June 26 from 7:00pm to 12:00am
- Place: BioMuseo
- Address: Amador Causeway 136, Panama City, Panama
- Attire: Formal
Open Day Punta Culebra Guided Tour (bilingual)
- Date and time: Wednesday, June 28 (1st tour at 2pm local time and 2nd tour at 3pm)
- Place: Punta Culebra
- Address: Amador Causeway, Panama City, Panama
- Registration: $8 per person (registration link will be available soon. Please keep checking sricongress.org for updates)
Open Day Barro Colorado Island Boat Tour
- Date and time: Wednesday, June 28 from 7:15am to 3:40pm
- Place: Barro Colorado Island
- Address: Town of Gamboa
- Entrance Fee: Registration link will be available soon. Please keep checking sricongress.org for updates)
Open Day Reception
- Date and time: Wednesday, June 28 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm
- Place: Panama Convention Center – First Floor
- Address: Calle Gral. Juan D. Peron, Panamá, Panama
- Attire: Smart casual
- Date and time: Thursday, June 29 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Place: La Fabrica Brewery
- Address:Calz. de Amador, Panamá, Panama
- Attire: Casual
Check out SRI2023 Brand Toolkit with information and helpful tips when spreading the word on social media.
Use the #SRI2023 hashtag.